About Us

Fisher-Law VFW Post 8525 was established on September 7, 1973, as a post of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States. Herbert T. Ross was our first Commander and G. L. Vess was our first Quartermaster. Our Certificate of incorporation or Domestic Non-Profit Corporation is record at the Yell County Clerk Office in Danville, Arkansas.

We trace our roots back to 1899 when veterans of the Spanish-American War (1898) and the Philippine Insurrection (1899-1902) founded local organizations to secure rights and benefits for their service. Many arrived home wounded or sick. There was no medical care or veterans’ pension for them, and they were left to care for themselves. 

The Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States is a nonprofit veteran’s service organization comprised of eligible veterans and military service members from the active, guard and reserve forces.

Contact Us